Do you know that HIV, Ebola, H5N1, SARS, etc., have all been proven to be zoonotic diseases, which originate from wildlife and transmit to humans?
On March 25, 2021, People and Nature Reconciliation (PanNature) and the Vietnam Forest Owners Association (VIFORA) signed an MoU on strategic cooperation in the upcoming time.
From 2017 to 2020, PanNature and VIFORA had cooperated in some activities such as jointly contributing recommendations to forestry policies; organizing workshops on community forests and community tenure rights… Following this aforementioned collaboration, both sides committed to further cooperation on the concerned issues in forestry such as forest-base-community livelihoods and forest conservation.
In 2021, PanNature and VIFORA committed to collaborating on the following main areas:
- Contribute recommendations on forestry policies.
- Co-organize workshops and events on forest governance issues
- Co-organize capacity-building activities for PanNature and VIFORA, for non-state organizations, and communities
- Co-conduct field investigation trips and field surveys
- Co-develop new programs and projects
The two sides agreed to cooperate with mutual respect and collective efforts to contribute practical values in the forestry sector for the sustainable development of community and natural resources conservation.