Field of activity
As a Development Worker you will accompany the Vietnamese NGO People and Nature Reconciliation (PanNature) in its organizational development in the areas of research and/or policy. You will advise the NGO’s management board to improve the quality, effectiveness and scope of organization’s activities. You will also provide capacity building/coaching to management staff on policy research, strategic communication, policy formulation, fundraising and networking.
PanNature is a Vietnamese NGO seeking practical solutions to reconcile relationships between people and nature. Founded in 2006 it is dedicated to protecting and conserving diversity of life and improving human well-being in Vietnam by seeking, promoting and implementing feasible, nature-friendly solutions to critical environmental problems and sustainable development issues. PanNature aims to empower its local partners and communities with the capacity, resources, and confidence to participate in the process of social change towards a more sustainable future. At national level, PanNature carries out policy initiatives to introduce and promote good governance and more transparency in natural resources sector through active participation in providing inputs and analysis of laws and legislation. Since its inception, PanNature has grown from a small and service delivery organization working at site-based level to a more open, innovative, and change-oriented non-profit with broad coverage in both thematic areas and geographical focus in recent years.
More information about PanNature: http://www.nature.org.vn/en
- Advisory support to PanNature in organisational development through contributions to the elaboration of the organisational strategic development plan, including fund raising plan.
- Advisory support to PanNature in strengthening capacity for staff in doing research, reporting, and formulating and advocating policy positions.
- Advisory support to PanNature in improving its quality of works, including the organization’ services and products (publications, media products, etc.)
- Work with senior management of PanNature to develop major program and project proposals for raising funds from donors.
- Support cooperation between the PanNature and GIZ programs of the GIZ Green Sector.
You offer the following qualifications
- Professional or academic background in anthropology, public policy, environmental sciences, nature resources management, or related fields. Preferably a PhD Degree.
- At least five years of experience in the working areas mentioned above.
- Experience in research and/or formulation and advocating policy positions
- Experience in organizational development, strategic planning, including capacity development and fundraising.
- Experience working in developing or emerging countries. Prior experience in Vietnam or Southeast Asia is an advantage.
- Experience working with environmental conservation and/or sustainable development NGOs.
You offer the following competencies
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills.
- Strong research skills and proven track record
- Strong team player, readiness to integrate into the organization and work with local stakeholders.
- Program/project proposal development.
- Fluency in English and readiness to learn Vietnamese.
- Coaching skills and technical report proofing skills.
Assignment period: 24 month +preparation
Conditions regarding location
Hanoi is a bustling city of 6 million people. Super markets, private clinics, international schools and kindergarten are all readily available. Apartments and houses for rent are equally easy to find. Traffic is very dense and traveling by motorcycle poses the main safety concern in the city. Hanoi has four seasons a year: May to September are hot and rainy months. Dry winter lasts from November to March next year. Spring and autumn are the transition seasons in April and October.
Please give information to the framework conditions of the DA post, such as
– necessary (work) experiences in the region
– willingness to official trips to…
– necessary driving license(s)
We offer you the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. Your contract period is at least 24 months with the option of extension.
>>Information on the service package
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. If you should not be able to post an application via the system, you are welcome to contact the person indicated at the end of the job description.
Please check after your application regularly the spam and junk mail folder of your mail account, since the e-mails of the recruiting system are categorized as spam by some providers.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 03.04.2017.
Contact: Barbara Vogt-Seeliger, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org